Prevent pain from computer usePosted in Blogs on 25/07/20
Are you feeling creaky, achy or stiff by the end of the working day?
Working at a desk is a common cause of neck and back pain, often because you accomodate to your workstation.
To alleviate this stress, rework your desk space to encourage well-aligned posture. There are many ways to improve your efficiency and comfort level of a typical work station.
- Is your monitor positioned so you can see it well, without straining?
- Raise or lower your monitor or your chair so your eyes are level with the top of the screen.
- Move your monitor closer or farther away so that you can easily read the screen.
- If you are using a laptop, link to a larger monitor.
- Are your keyboard and mouse positioned so that you don't have to over reach?
- Lower your desk height or raise your chair so that your forearms are parallel to the floor.
- Make sure your wrists are not pointing either upward or downward.
- Do you frequently use tools within close range to minimise reaching?
- Keep your mouse nearby.
- Use a headset if you talk on the phone frequently.
- Use a document holder so you don't have to look down frequently.
- When you are seated, are your feet touching the ground?
- Consider using a stool if you have elevated your chair and your feet no longer reach the ground.
- Maintain a couple of inches between the back of your knees and the chair.
- If your chair has armrests, do they allow your shoulders to relax?
- Consider lowering or getting rid of the armrests so that your shoulders and neck can relax.
These are some suggestions for creating a work enviroment that supports good health and posture.
- Set a timer and get up every 30 minutes. Take a walking meeting, stand during a conference call, or hand deliver a message that you would normally email.
- Follow the 20/20/20 rule. Every 20 minutes, give your eyes a 20 second break by moving 20 feet away.
- If you can, create a standing workstation.
Sharing is Caring #CrusadeCS
Why Password Security MattersPosted in Blogs on 06/05/21
The Great Crusade Egg HuntPosted in Blogs on 01/04/21
Speed DatingPosted in Blogs on 14/02/21
How Crusade's secret agent can help protect you from ransomware.Posted in Blogs on 10/02/21